Welcome to the 2022/2023 summer of NZ Performance Car Magazine’s Night Speed Drag Wars. This is the first in an eight round Series that will run through until April 2023. We once again welcome NZ Performance Car Magazine as this year’s awesome Series sponsor.
Gate Entry: $20, kids under 12 FREE
Race Entry: $40
Race Entry opens at 530pm-830pm
Practice / qualifying kicks off at 630pm.
Eliminations racing from 930pm onwards.
C1 AUTOSALON Turbo 4WD
C2 Turbo 2WD
C3 All Motor & Rotary N/A (No V8s)
C4 Quick V8s
C7 ALL ACCESS DRAINAGE LTD Pro-Street
C8 King of the Street
EXHIBITION (must have pre-approval from the Board to run)
Please click hereto for Drag Wars rules.
The NZ Performance Car Magazine’s Night Speed Drag Wars meetings are for street legal vehicles only. All vehicles must have WOF and REGO to enter into racing.
You also need:
- a helmet (NO – BMX helmets are not permitted)
- a minimum Restricted License for a car driver
- if you’re biker, you can race on a Learner as long as your bike is on the LAMS approved bike list
- ensure your battery is securely fastened/tied down
- if you have a manual rotary powered vehicle, ensure that you have a scatter blanket / shield (not required for automatic)
You can run D.O.T approved street legal drag tyres only but any other race slick is strictly prohibited.
All cars except King of the Street cars, can run D.O.T approved street legal drag tyres only but any other race slick is strictly prohibited.
Competition vehicles can run Exhibition but only by arrangement with the office beforehand.
- Friday 28th October 2022
- Gates Open:
- Racing Starts:
- NAPA Auto Parts Dragway
- Contact Details: